Total Pageviews

Friday, March 25, 2011

The Seoul market

Alright, I have been here a month now, so I think its time for me to share what this market is like..
First off, it is completley different from Hong Kong, as expected of course because they are different countries!

Castings: For castings you have a driver that takes you to them, you and the other models line up, and wait until its your turn to be talked about, and looked upon by the client. First, the client takes your comp card, then looks at your book. While this is happening, your driver is telling the client everything about you.
Then, they may or may not take a photo of you. They might just look through your book, and thats it!

Jobs: Again, you have someone who brings you to your job, and they also stay with you the entire time you working. They are there to translate what the photographer and the other artists are saying to you. It's wonderful! Also, here in Korea, their half days are five hours, and full days are ten. But, most of the time, when they say that it a half day, they usually turn into fulls ha ha. No matter what job you are at, they always feed you, and take at least one break. 

Living in Seoul or me has been such an experience, with a lot of ups and downs. Sense its my first trip being alone, its expected to go through so many emotions. well, its even expected when your not alone! Its all just very overwhelming at times. Luckily I have been working at least 4-6 days a week, So i haven't had much time to really sit around, because thats the time when you star thinking about family, and home.

I love my agency here, their all really nice! Its such a friendly environment to work in.
I wish I could stay longer, as I was invited to.. but I have exams to do, and a graduation to attend!

No comments:

Post a Comment