Total Pageviews

Friday, February 4, 2011

Happy new year!

Chinese new year is so quiet! I never would have thought..
Back in Canada when i would hear the phrase Chinese new year, i pictured a lot of
excitement, and parades. Kind of weird how our mind works.

My last shoot which was two days ago, was sooo fun, but sooo very long. I didn't even know
it was possible to shoot 56 outfits in one day. In Vancouver I thought 6-12 outfits was a lot.
I loved shooting with the photographer, he was fun, funny, and wants to shoot me again! Which
is always good :)

Having only three weeks left here in HK is so hard to believe, it went by so fast.
I remember how I was feeling on the plane to come here, feeling so overwhelmed
and my nerves were incredibly high. But now that i have lived here for three months,
i cant even imagine what i was so afraid of. HK is so safe, and such a wonderful place.
It has hit me that I'm going to Seoul soon, but not that I'm going alone. After being here
with my mom for the whole three months, going to Korea alone will seem very weird.
But I'm SO stoked to finally learn that i can do this all on my own.

Funny little fact about the New year here in hk,
People here have a lot of rules they follow very specifically during there NY.

1) Don't wash your hair on NYE, its bad luck.
2) Don't do house work for a week
3) Stay in all day, on the day of your choice
4) Leave fruit outside of your house for budduh ( outside of our apt, there is oranges everywhere )

These are the only rules that i know of, I'm sure there are more!

No comments:

Post a Comment